I am passionate about making small businesses a success.
The pressures of running a small business can be overwhelming. Employment laws and people’s needs can be impossible to understand, plus continuously changing HR regulations mean it’s more important than ever to ensure your business is legally compliant.
So imagine if you could have the expertise of an HR Director with 20 years experience in your pocket to pull out and tackle your troubles whenever you need to ….keeping you compliant risk-free or sleeping easy at night.
- Beginning at just £160, my monthly support services go above and beyond the usual HR services, and include:
- HR Health Check to review your procedures and auditing your systems to ensure you and your business stay legal and compliant
- Training Workshops, Online Masterclasses, Recruitment Webinars & Appraisals to unlock your, your employees and your business’ potential
- An experienced HR Director, working part-time as an integral member of your team
- All the benefits of an HR Director with zero overheads such as office space
- One-to-One time, 24/7 Email and Telephone Support to take the pressure off you
Together, I can help you and your team grow, allowing you to focus on the important things in life – your business and a better night’s sleep!
Please get in touch for an informal chat or to arrange a meeting; I’d be delighted to hear from you!
What type of support are you looking for ?
HR BasicsMonthly From
- A must for small businesses that are starting to employ staff. You’ll get the basics nailed to ensure you are legally compliant and taking care of your employees.
- From 2 hours Email and Telephone Support per month
- HR Healthcheck
- Online Masterclass
- Employment Law Updates
- Contract of Employment
- Standard Handbook
- Statutory Policies
- Statutory Template Letters and Documents
- 1-2-1 Quarterly by Phone
- HR System Setup and Support *
HR ExcelMonthly From
- A necessity for businesses in growth. You get all the support you need to be legally compliant, plus that all-important one-to-one time with an HR Director to advance your business.
- Everything from HR Basics plus
- From 4 hours Email and Telephone Support per month
- Custom Handbook
- Custom Policies
- Bi Monthly 1-2-1 Monthly Face to Face
- Exit Interview Process Managed
- Return to Work Process Managed
- Job Descriptions
- Recruitment Service *
- Appraisals Process
HR Business PartnerMonthly From
- A necessary package for businesses that are keen to ensure that their people are at the heart of their business as they grow and want a true strategic business partner. You get all the basics and you get extensive HR Support that is unrivaled and bespoke to your business.
- Everything from HR Excel plus:
- From 8 hours Email and Telephone Support per month
- Half a day onsite per month
- Career Planning
- Induction / Onboarding
- HR Tech Audit
“It’s a pleasure to work with the KUHR team because they share many of the same attributes that we value at Simply Safer such as: keeping things simple for clients, supporting businesses to stay legal and compliant, and being transparent with clients to ensure that businesses starting up or looking to grow are considering both the employer and employees in partnership.
Kate has years of experience in her field and helping clients in many different sectors, but one thing she is always passionate about is making small businesses a success. She is just fab to work with!”
Ruth Baker, Managing Director, Simply Safer
“I was introduced to the World of HR Systems by Kate and having the team set up on a system makes running a business sooooo much easier when it comes to managing staff. What Kate doesn't know about HR Tech is probably not worth knowing!”
Victoria Vickery, Managing Director, All Star Marketing Club
“Kate Underwood HR has helped my business to not only put in place our much-needed HR policies but also has introduced us to ways of keeping our HR processes in check with the great online tools breatheHR. Kate worked with myself and my employees to make sure we were set up and comfortable using the Breathe HR system and we know Kate and the team at KUHR are on hand to help should we ever get stuck using breathe or implementing any HR processes.”
Emily Walden, Owner of Happy Hounds
I have leant on Kate for years on and off for adhoc advice. When Kate started her own business I signed up immediately to one of her excellent service plans. The key to her success is to ensure businesses get the basics right, and then builds on that foundation with her all round experience from training and GDPR through to compliance with the latest laws and even finding and interviewing candidates for you.
Jason Norman, Director of Finance
Kate is one of those people that are always a pleasure to work with. She knows her business inside out and is someone you know you can always count on providing excellent advice and guidance, plus having a great sense of humour and easy going personality, Kate is someone I would fully recommend for your HR services.
Steve Davis Graphic Designer & Business Owner"
Kate is an innovative consultant who is very capable in helping organisations design and implement an effective HR strategy.
Pete Fullard, Managing Director
Kate Underwood HR has proved to be the perfect HR partner for our rapidly growing data analytics business. Whether it’s been helping to initially establish our HR processes and policies, selecting and configuring on-line HR tools or providing on-going advice and support, we have always found that the service to be timely and tailored to our specific needs. As a leadership team, working with Kate Underwood HR gives us the confidence that were are operating lawfully and ethically, which benefits both our employees and our business.
Andy Heather, CEO
Latest from Blog posts
Check out our homeworking guide, full of things you might find useful to support you in your new working from home scenario, that can help both you and your family.
Check out my HR coronavirus update to make sense of the support currently open to Small Businesses in the UK in light of the virus pandemic
On 17th March 2020, the Government announced further coronavirus support for individuals and businesses alike. Click to find out how to get help for your SME
Sign up to my blog
when I release a new one with the latest in HR information.