How are you addressing your Statutory Training Obligations?
Posing this question to clients can often lead to a lot of blank expressions.
Especially for Small businesses; finding the time and resources to train staff can be difficult.
That is why we partner with IMPROVE.
The user friendly online portal can be accessed anywhere, and with over 90 courses available the system does a lot more than just cover you for those MUST have topics!
What Training do I need to provide?
Depending on your industry, the statutory training requirements will differ, some prime examples are Food Hygiene training for those in the hospitality and catering sectors. While people working in Education or Care Industries are required to complete Safeguarding training.
As an Employer you have an obligation to ensure your employees are competent and confident with carrying out certain tasks, operate safely in their working environments, wherever that may be. And yes that includes their home. Therefore, topics such as Fire Safety and Manual Handling need to be covered by all.
Is it expensive?
While expense is relative, the quality of the training is not indicated by the price tag!
Currently the starting price is just £400 for up to 20 employees, but it won’t be staying like that for long with prices rising from 1st October 2022.
Why use IMPROVE?
· The portal offers short (an average of 20 minutes per module) sharp, bite size learning that covers the main points in a way that staff will remember. So, it can easily fit into your working day.
· With a non-corporate approach, the modules are easy to digest and often come with workbooks and additional reading materials for those that are more studious.
· Each module comes with an online test to ensure your employees have truly understood the content.
· You can add an unlimited number of modules so why not get designing and have all your company training in one place.
· Reminders and notifications. If like me you struggle to remember to complete your homework, IMPROVE can help by sending reminders of deadlines and notifying managers when their team have completed their set modules.
What happens if I don’t get my staff to do statutory training?
Statutory training is where a statutory body has dictated that an organisation must provide training based on legislation. Key pieces of legislation such as Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999. The aim of such legislation is to ensure that statutory training helps employees maintain a safe and healthy working environment.
In addition to statutory training there is also mandatory training which is legally required and compulsory in order for an employee to complete their job safely and efficiently. It may have come from government guidelines or legislation or it may be training that an organisation deems essential for their employees or specific job roles.
Any breach of legislation or government guides puts employers at risk of fines, legal proceeds and or imprisonment.
If you need some HR support and are considering your training obligations in your organisation, get in touch with our friendly team of HR experts today. You can book a call with us using the button below at a time convenient to you or click here.