Here’s the Lowdown on Lockdown 3.0
Welcome to Rumour Control! Following Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s announcement at 8pm on Monday 4th January, here’s what you need to do from Thursday 6th January 2021, when England goes into Lockdown 3.0
People cannot leave their homes except for certain reasons like the first lockdown last March
- Essential Medical Needs
- Food Shopping
- Work if you absolutely cannot work from home if the work is essential
If staff cannot work from home, employers should ask themselves whether their business is “essential” to the fight against coronavirus.
Please click here to see full GOV Guidance
Closure of Schools but not Nurseries
For those of your teams who have children that will be affected by homeschooling again – speak to your teams and find out what they can do and what they can’t – do they need to be furloughed or flexible furloughed?
Please do not forget that Furlough has been extended and it is also flexible. If you have any questions about Furlough during Lockdown 3.0, please email us at: [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help.
Further to the PM’s announcement last night about Lockdown 3.0, the Chancellor has announced that the Hospitality, Retail and Leisure sectors are to receive a one-off grant worth up to £9000 during Lockdown 3.0.
- Chancellor announces one-off top-up grants for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses worth up to £9,000 per property to help businesses through to the Spring
- £594 million discretionary funds also made available to support other impacted businesses
- This comes in addition to £1.1 billion further discretionary grant funding for Local Authorities, Local Restriction Support Grants worth up to £3,000 a month and extension of furlough scheme
The one-off top-ups will be granted to businesses who close during Lockdown 3.0 as follows:
- £4,000 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under
- £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- £9,000 for businesses with a rateable value of over £51,000
If you are not a Leisure, Retail or Hospitality business then please click on the link below to find out if there is any other support you might be eligible for.
All business owners should be creating contingency plans for Lockdown 3.0 and, last year, my talented friends from All-Star Marketing Club and I held a webinar.
Our webinar focused on:
- Policies and procedures
- Key business operations and functions
- Taking care of existing customers
- Maintaining income and continued growth
- Diversification of business to account for potential loss of revenue
- Managing finances and cashflow
- Negotiating win-win, to keep all small businesses safe
- Messaging and communications
- Creating leads without spending money
So why not grab a cup of coffee and download the webinar to see how it might help you?
How Kate Underwood HR Can Help You Thru Lockdown 3.0
If you’re worried about Lockdown 3.0, have any questions regarding coronavirus support, or just want to have a Plan B, please do get in touch. Our office is fully open, and we can fully operate remotely so there will be no disruption in providing you with our own coronavirus support.
Don’t keep it a secret
Did you find this blog useful? Think you have fellow business owners that would too? Feel free to share or ‘like’ using social media buttons to the left.
Sign up to my blog
Did you enjoy reading this blog? if so please sign up so you can receive them directly to your inbox each week … keep your FOMO in check.