The Government’s 4 Steps to Lifting Lockdown
Today in the House of Commons, Prime Minister Boris Johnson set out his proposed 4 Steps to Lifting Lockdown.
Here is a summary of those 4 Steps to Lifting Lockdown.
On 8th March, 2021
- All students return to schools and colleges, and school clubs can resume
- Secondary school students will be required to wear masks in class as well as in communal areas
- People can meet one other person outside for recreation, not just exercise
- Care home residents allowed one regular named visitor
- Stay at home order remains in place.
On 29th March, 2021
- Outdoor gatherings of up to six people or two households allowed, including meeting in private gardens
- Outdoor sports facilities such as tennis and basketball courts and outdoor swimming pools allowed to reopen; organised outdoor sports can resume
- Stay at home order ends but people encouraged to stay local wherever they can
- Work from home wherever possible
- No overseas travel.
The third stage on the list of 4 Steps to Lifting Lockdown will occur no earlier than 17th May, 2021
- Outdoors most social contact rules lifted, up to a limit of 30 people
- Mixing indoors allowed for two households, but rule-of-six for indoor hospitality and elsewhere
- Cinemas, soft play centres, the rest of the accommodation sector, hotels, indoor exercise classes return
- Performances and sporting events resume – larger performances with venues 1,000+ or half full will be allowed indoors and outdoors 4,000 capacity or half full (whichever lowest)
- In the very largest outdoor seated venues such as football stadiums up to 10,000 people allowed to attend (or 1/4 full whichever is lowest)
- Up to 30 people can attend weddings, receptions, funerals, wakes.
The last stage on the list of 4 Steps to Lifting Lockdown will take place no earlier than 21st June, 2021
- All legal limits on social contact removed with the ambition to reopen final closed sectors of the economy such as nightclubs
- Hope to lift restrictions on large events and performances
- Hope to remove all limits on weddings and other “life events”
Until these 4 Steps for Lifting Lockdown are in place, f you want to see if you are eligible for any further financial support then please check Coronavirus (COVID-19): Business support – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) and input your details.
If we can do anything to help then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
If you are having to make the unfortunate decision to make some redundancies and are not sure of the process then take at look at our HR NOW — 10 Steps to Getting Redundancy Right? This blogpost will give you the guidance, templates and process to make sure you do it in a fair and legal way.
While these 4 Steps to Lifting Lockdown come into effect, please stay safe and remember to still wear a mask.
Don’t keep it a secret
Did you find this blog useful? Think you have fellow business owners that would too? Feel free to share or ‘like’ using social media buttons to the left.
Sign up to my blog
Did you enjoy reading this blog? if so please sign up so you can receive them directly to your inbox each week ... keep your FOMO in check.